If you are currently facing a legal matter regarding your family, you should strongly consider retaining the services of a knowledgeable Chesapeake family law attorney from Patzig Law. Our legal team understands that family law matters are generally the most personal and important legal issue an individual will face throughout his or her lifetime, which is why we will take the utmost care when you come to us with your case. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will understand that you’ve found a legal team who truly cares about the outcome of your family law matter and your best interests. Contact Patzig Law today to learn more about how we can assist you through every step of the process ahead.
Do I Need a Chesapeake Family Law Attorney?
As you can imagine, family law matters are frequently complicated, on several levels, such as emotionally, financially, and, oftentimes, legally. Our knowledgeable firm has handled countless family law issues over the years, and we are prepared to provide you with the experienced and dedicated legal assistance your case requires. Do not go it alone. We are here to help you.
Our Family Law Services
Patzig Law handles a wide array of family law issues, including the following:
- Divorce: Depending on the circumstances surrounding your divorce, there is a good chance that your divorce will be a complex legal matter with far-reaching implications. For this very reason, it is so important that you retain the services of an experienced Chesapeake family law attorney who can effectively guide you through every step of the process ahead. Our legal team has helped countless clients through the divorce process, and we are prepared to help you as well.
- Alimony: Alimony is one of the most common divorce-related issues. Oftentimes, the financially dependent spouse will require alimony payments to retain the standard of living established during their marriage. However, in many cases, the financially independent spouse will believe that they are being asked to pay too much in alimony. This frequently leads to a contested divorce, and no matter what side you are on, you will need a seasoned attorney on your side.
- Child Custody: Child custody is perhaps the most emotionally charged issue in divorce, especially if both parents and the child cannot reach a fair child custody agreement on their own. We are ready to help you and your former spouse reach a custody agreement that suits the best interests of your child.
- Child Relocation: After a divorce, things change, and oftentimes, one spouse will wish to move away, either because of a job, a new romantic partner, or otherwise. That being said, if that spouse has physical custody of their child and plans on moving out of state, they will have to either get the other parent’s permission or get permission to move away from the courts.
- Child Support: If you have custody of your child and you were the financially dependent parent during your marriage, you will most likely require child support payments to help ensure your child’s financial needs are taken care of. Our firm can work to attain the child support your child needs to retain his or her standard of living.
- Domestic Violence: Many people would be surprised to learn just how prevalent domestic violence truly is in our society. Any act of domestic violence is unacceptable, and if you are a victim, now is the time to act. Our compassionate Chesapeake family law attorneys are on your side and will do everything in their power to help ensure your safety.
- Property Distribution: When a couple doesn’t have a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement in place and they get divorced, their marital assets will generally be subject to equitable distribution. If you cannot agree on who gets which assets, the court will have to determine this for you. Our firm is here to protect your hard-earned assets and your best interests.
- Uncontested Divorce: As you may know, divorce is frequently a contested matter, however, there are times where spouses can agree on all divorce-related terms. That being said, spouses should never make the mistake of attempting to resolve their divorce on their own. Divorce is a document-heavy process, and having a competent Chesapeake family law attorney on your side can help ensure that all paperwork is properly completed and filed.
Contact a Chesapeake Family Law Attorney
The bottom line is that whether you have custody and visitation issues, support issues, or you need a divorce, Patzig Law can assist you in fighting for your family’s rights while working to mitigate the impact the legal proceedings will have on your children. Contact us today to learn more about how we can effectively guide you through every step of your legal issue.