When someone is allegedly caught committing a crime, they are typically arrested and from there, will have to go through the complex, often overwhelming criminal justice process. Our Chesapeake criminal defense lawyer is right here and ready to help you through every step of that process. You will have no stauncher advocate than you will in Patzig Law. Contact us today to tell us your story and to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Chesapeake Criminal Defense Lawyer | Protecting Your Rights
Anyone charged with a crime in Virginia has a lot at stake. Our firm understands this. With Patzig Law at your side, you will never be alone, through every step of the process. We are here to fight for you. We have effectively defended countless clients over the years, and we are ready to do the same for you.
Our Legal Services
Patzig Law provides clients with comprehensive criminal defense services for a wide variety of criminal charges, including the following:
- Drug Crimes: Whether you are facing intent to sell charges, possession charges, or any other type of drug charges, you have a lot on the line, which is why you cannot hire just any attorney. Fortunately, you can depend on a knowledgeable Chesapeake criminal defense lawyer from Patzig Law to fight on your behalf.
- DUIs: DUIs are among the most frequently committed crimes in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Unfortunately, Virginia courts crack down extremely hard on those who are caught driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Whether this is your first or subsequent offense, or whether you were underage or over the age of 21, hiring an experienced attorney is paramount.
- Fraud: In today’s day and age, fraud seems to be everywhere. Our firm defends clients who are facing a wide array of fraud charges, such as fraud-related cyber crimes, white-collar crimes, credit card theft, identity theft, bank theft, and more. If you’ve been charged with fraud, our firm is here to help.
- Gun Crimes: Though Virginia clearly values the Second Amendment, there are still various restrictions on gun ownership and use, and if you aren’t careful, you could end up violating those rules without even realizing it. This is why it is so important to familiarize yourself with Virginia’s gun laws and to immediately speak with a Chesapeake criminal defense lawyer if you’ve been charged with a gun crime.
- Probation Violations: For many people, probation is the lesser of two evils, as it is often sentenced in lieu of jail time or other harsher penalties. However, if you’ve been allegedly caught violating the terms of your probation, there is a very good chance that you will be sent to jail, especially if you don’t have an aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side. Our firm is ready to do everything in our power to keep you out of jail.
- Shoplifting: If you were recently allegedly caught stealing from a store or another establishment, you are most likely now facing either petit or grand larceny charges. Our firm has significant experience fighting these charges and we are ready to put that experience to work for you.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crime charges can include arson, assault and battery, murder, and more. If you’ve been charged with a violent crime, you are currently facing a wide array of very serious penalties. We are ready to fight your charges.
What a Criminal Record Can Mean for You
When charged with a crime, the most immediate fears are the threat of incarceration and high fines. However, you should also understand that upon conviction, you will also develop a criminal record, which means that your crime will essentially follow you for years to come. Some of the long-term consequences that obtaining a criminal record may have are as follows:
- You will find it very challenging to get a job, as most places of employment require background checks
- If you were convicted of a DUI, you will most likely lose your driver’s license for months or years
- If you were convicted of a sex crime, you will have to become a Registered Sex Offender
- You may not be able to rent certain places to live
- You may not be able to secure certain loans
- If you are an illegal immigrant, it may warrant your deportation
- If you have children and are divorced or will be soon, it may affect your child custody agreement
These are just some of the additional ramifications that a criminal conviction can have, which is why if you’ve been charged with a crime of any sort here in Virginia, it is in your best interests to retain the services of an experienced Chesapeake criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact a Chesapeake Criminal Defense Lawyer
Our legal team is dedicated to aggressively combatting our clients’ charges to help ensure that they do not have to face the overwhelming and often overly harsh criminal justice system on their own. The bottom line is that if you’ve been charged with a crime, the time to act is now. Speak with an attorney you trust. Contact Patzig Law.